Need a healthy, fast meal option your kids will love?
I know nachos have a stigma of being unhealthy, and when, you get them at a restaurant on a huge greasy tray, they are. However, by looking at the quality of your ingredients, you can make delicious nachos with healthy ingredients that your kids will gobble up and beg for because they are so fun to make!
With nacho night, you feel like you spend even less time in the kitchen because you will put bowls out of all the toppings, and kids can make their own on their own tray to bake. So, this meal doubles as family quality time. We love doing this meal in combination with a family game night. So, it is a great theme meal. It can be thrown together in minutes because you can keep the ingredients on hand that are already prepped for you.
- Way Better sprouted sweet potato chips
- Sprouted black beans
- Ground turkey or chicken (or pre-cooked organic chicken strips to cut down on time)
- Organic, grass-fed shredded cheese
- Frozen corn
- Organic, Grass-fed Green Yogurt (or sour cream)
Side options: fresh fruit, carrot sticks, organic unsweetened applesauce, peppers
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Have everyone spread out chips on a section of a baking tray.
- Have everyone sprinkle toppings and cheese onto their nachos.
- Bake the nachos at 350 F for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the nachos are warmed through.
- Top your nachos with salsa, sour cream, or avocado if desired.
- Serve the nachos with your side of choice.
Looking for more recipes: check out our E-book!
Shop natural, organic, nutrient dense baby and toddler food: www.mama-bear-naturals.com