Chocolate Can Be Healthy!
Kids (and adults) need treats! It’s is easy to just run to the store for ice cream, but healthy, delicious treats can be easy to make too. This chocolate avocado pudding provides nutrients from all of the ingredients and tastes like a rich brownie pudding.
The avocado is rich in Vitamin E and fiber, while the cocoa provides magnesium and healthy fats. Dates contain iron, fiber, potassium, magnesium, and folate. Dates are one of my favorite sweeteners for desserts due to their nutritional benefits, and their natural sugars provide great energy without spiking blood sugar in the same way as refined sugar. Raw honey is rich in enzymes and supports melatonin production. So, this treat is great to have before bed to improve sleep. Coconut milk provides healthy fats, and collagen is great protein to build and maintain our bones, skin, hair, and teeth.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup high fat cocoa (22-24%)
- 1/4 cup dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup raw honey or monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP grass-fed collagen
- Add avocado, dates, and coconut milk to blender, and blend until smooth. Make sure the dates are completely broken up.
- Add cocoa, honey, vanilla, and collagen and blend until smooth. If necessary, scrap down the sides and quickly blend again to incorporate everything.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.