We all want our babies to enjoy their food, but we want to provide them nutritious baby food as well. In general, doing high amounts of fruit in the first year sets your child up to have a sweet tooth. For my son, I only did bananas a few times in the first year. I didn’t do any other fruits or grains.
However, this homemade baby food recipe is a slightly sweet treat that offers wonderful amounts of nourishing fats for your baby that is great any time of day. Babies need saturated fats and cholesterol for their brain. Also, the egg yolks provide choline for brain health as well. Coconut is also great for adrenals, immunity, and gut health.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or place a can of coconut milk in the frig and use the solidified portion that comes to the top
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 1 cup banana
Note: Try and get your ingredients from all natural, organic sources.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Melt the butter and coconut oil. I microwaved them for 30 seconds.
- Add all ingredients to the blender, and mix until incorporated and the banana is smooth.
- Butter ramekins and pour batter into them.
- Bake at 310◦F for 1 hour.